The following article will get your Rackspace email account setup on your iPhone using an IMAP connection. An IMAP connection allows you to access and manage your email directly from Rackspace servers. Any changes made on your device will be replicated on the server. Let’s take a look at how to set this up:
iPhone/iPad Set Up
1. From the home screen on your device tap Settings
2. Click on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. You’ll then tap Add Account
4. Tap “Other”
5. Then click Add Mail Account.
6. The “New Account” screen will appear and you’ll then Enter in the following information in the fields provided, and then tap the Save button.
7. After your account has been looked up, you’ll then select IMAP located at the top and then enter in both the Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server fields with the following information:
Name – Enter in your first and last name. This is the name that will appear in the From field of messages you send.
Address – Enter your entire email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
Password – Enter the password for your email account.
Description – Enter a descriptive name for the account (e.g. Work Account). This description will only be visible to you.
8. After you’ve entered in all the information, tap Save and the device will then verify your settings. After you’ve been verified, you’ll then be take to the Mail & Notes screen.
Host Name – Enter in the secure server name: secure.emailsrvr.com
User Name – Enter in your entire email address (e.g., email@example.com).
Password – Enter in the password for your email account.