Welcome to the Communication Department
The Role of the Communication Department:
• Communicate with the members and employees on behalf of the South Central Conference Administration.
• Communicate with communities throughout the South Central Conference territory about the Seventh-day Adventist Church either directly or indirectly through local church communication directors.
• Serve as a resource for pastors, local church leaders, and Conference departmental directors and support staff.
• Client service for departments, members, schools, and constituent members.
• Produce stories and press releases for both internal publications and public media.
• Conduct regional communication training seminars.
• Produce and publish President’s Hotline newsletter prepared for the employees of South Central Conference.
• Produce stories for Southern Tidings, a monthly magazine prepared for the membership of the Southern Union Conference.
• Produce annual campmeeting brochures, church bulletin inserts, posters, etc.
• Facilitate crisis public relations.
Communication Guides & Workshop Presentations:
- Unlock Your Church’s Growth
- Public Relation Manual
- Resources of Media Ministry
- Technology Workshop Guide
- Where is Your Church Focused?
- Practicing Communicating
Other Documents and Forms:
- Obituary Form
- News Article Submission Form
- Writing Articles for SCC Communication Department
Atlantic Union – GLEANER
Canadian Adventist – MESSENGER
Columbia Union – VISITOR
Lake Union – HERALD
Mid-America – OUTLOOK
North Pacific Union – GLEANER
Pacific Union – RECORDER
Southern – TIDINGS
Southwestern Union – RECORD
Adventist Media Production (AMP)
Adventist News Network
Adventist Radio Network
Church Communication Leader Ministry Description
Church Identification Signs
Positive ID Signage and Accessories Products
Seventh-day Adventist Church Logo Kit and Explanation
Society of Adventist Communicators
Union Paper National Advertising Program
We are excited to introduce you to a resource for your church called Link2Lead!
Link2Lead.com is a web site for pastors and lay leaders like you. It is brought to you by The South Central Conference and Percept, the leading information provider to religious organizations since 1988. Through Link2Lead.com we are dedicated to providing you and other leaders with the latest information about your community, hands-on tools to better understand and develop your own capabilities and a variety of additional resources to assist you in leading your congregation into the new world of opportunities awaiting us in the 21st century.
Link2Lead.com is organized into four main sections:
This section provides you an opportunity to find out more about yourself and how you deal with change.
Just how well do you know your community? Here’s a section that allows you explore the latest demographic information for your ministry area.
Ever wonder how your congregation compares to the larger community you serve? Here’s a special offer to explore that critical connection further.
Do you wonder what all the change in the past 30 years has meant for the church? Visit this section to discover critical insights that can make all the difference in how you see the future.
Simply log on to the Link2Lead Web site at www.link2lead.com and register as a user at no cost. Follow the instructions on the site and begin a new adventure into the information world that will assist you and the leaders of your church in planning for mission and ministry!
The SONscreen Project was created by the North American Division (NAD) of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to mentor young Christians in media. Through SONscreen, Christian young people actively use their skills and creative talents to benefit the church and communities the church serves. In addition, SONscreen seeks to be a networking forum for Christian media professionals and young adults, through various events.