Welcome to the Family Life Ministries Page
Never in the history of the world has the ministry of family life been needed more urgently than it is right now. Never have families been more anxious for the right answer to the things which trouble them. Never have homes been in such jeopardy as they are today.
This statement was written by our own Ellen White and is more true today than when it was written over a hundred years ago. We know that conditions in society are but a reflection of conditions in the homes of the nation. We likewise know that a change in the home will be mirrored in a changed society. So I am endeavoring through God to help make that change one family at a time. By being Family Life Director of the South Central Conference I feel I can impact change on a much broader level.
Seek to strengthen, inspire hope, and bring healing to marriages, families, and individuals through the abundant love and saving grace of Jesus Christ.
Prepare families for the Kingdom of God to help hasten the coming of Jesus Christ.
- To proclaim the reviving and restorative message of the everlasting gospel within the context of family living: Christ is and must be acknowledged as the Savior and Head of every home. In Him, family members are at peace with God and at peace with each other. As they are drawn near to Him they are drawn nearer to each other, in love, forgiveness, reconciliation, restoration, and renewal.
- To affirm and strengthen every Seventh-day Adventist family: Family Life Ministries will seek to deepen understanding of the relational dimension within the family. The department will seek to provide couples and families with access to educational, enrichment, and counseling opportunities to enhance the development of the relational skills.
- To enable parents and families to increase the likelihood of successful transference of Seventh-day Adventist Christian values to the next generation: Family Life Ministries will develop materials and provide learning opportunities within church and family settings to enable parents to make biblical values a part of the character of their children and youth. We will encourage an atmosphere which promotes questions and on-going discussion regarding Christian values and tenets of faith among parents and children, young and old, leaders and members in an effort to foster the development of mature faith.
- To create a “family of God” experience in every Seventh-day Adventist church: Family Life Ministries will seek to foster an atmosphere which respects and celebrates diversity within each congregation. Through a shared commitment to openness, honesty, and vulnerability in relationships with one another, the oneness we have found in Christ may become a reality in experience to all who visit.
- To empower families for witness: Beyond the priority placed on the home as the most important mission field, Family Life Ministries will endeavor to help families discover and utilize their spiritual gifts in the community around them.
The North American Division Family Ministries Department has information and resources for maintaining and strengthening a healthy family as well as resources for Family Ministries leaders
Provides resources to support and nurture single adult’s relationships with each other and other members of the church.
Provides materials for leaders which aid them in their ministry.
The Coalition for Marriage, Family, and Couples Education hosts an annual conference and provides resources to strengthen and maintain a healthy marriage.