Position Title: Departmental Secretary
Department: Multiple Departments
Immediate Supervisor: Director
Remuneration: 56% – 76%
The Departmental Secretary performs a variety of secretarial and clerical tasks under the general direction of the Laurene Brown, Assistant to the President, and Office Manager. This position works twenty-five hours per week; primarily for the President’s Office, Secretariat, Treasury and Human Resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs duties for executive management, and any department needing assistance, as assigned. Responsibilities may include screening calls; making travel, meeting and event arrangements; preparing reports and financial data; and secretarial support for Administration and various Departments as assigned
- Correspond by email as required
- Assists implementing plans for meetings, conferences, etc.
- Greets public in person and on the telephone, provides general information, answers questions and directs individuals to appropriate party as necessary.
- Creates new files and enters and updates contact information into computer.
- Performs administrative and office support activities for multiple supervisors. Duties may include fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations, notebooks, and filing.
- Coverage for support staff who is on leave, vacation, etc., for the duration of their leave/vacation as needed
- Sits in for the office receptionist as needed
- Makes travel and lodging arrangements as needed
- Processes incoming mail – opening, dating, sorting, and distributing, if necessary, to departments
- Formats letters, memos, etc., and sends them out via email or hard copy. Transcribes correspondence or other written material.
- Assists directors in preparing reports and special projects.
- Perform other related duties, as required
- Must be committed to Jesus Christ, the beliefs and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, a Seventh-day Adventist church member in regular standing, and have a desire to serve others with a cooperative, spiritually-filled attitude
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have experience with data entry
- Must be a team worker
- Must have above average keyboard and computer skills including (but not limited to) Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, WordPerfect, and Excel
- Must have strong computer and Internet research skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters is required
- Must be willing to travel in conjunction with job responsibilities
- Must be a high school graduate, or its equivalent, plus two to four years’ experience as a Secretary or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is required to sit, stand, bend, reach and climb stairs without assistance. May require lifting up to 25 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, telephone and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision
- Working environment: Essential tasks are performed under normal office conditions with little to no noticeable discomfort. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild-to-moderate. Work area is well lighted and ventilated. Some travel required